We think we have some of the best swimming spots in Sydney
With summer fast approaching it’s time to address one of our favourite topics – rock pools!
We think we have some of the best swimming spots in Sydney right here in our own backyard and with an abundance of pools stretching from Palm Beach to Manly, our team has shortlisted 5 of our favourites for you to explore:
1. Palm Beach Rock Pool – Nestled in the Southern corner of Palm Beach (also known as ‘kiddies corner’ amongst locals), this beautiful pool has 8 lanes and once you have finished your laps take some time to relax on the stairs and enjoy the views over to Barrenjoey Headland.
2. Bilgola Beach Rock Pool – Head down the windy road amongst the palms and into the stunning Bilgola Beach to find the ocean pool just beyond the iconic Surf Club. This picturesque gem is frequented by locals doing their morning laps and if you stop to enjoy, you won’t be disappointed.
3. Mona Vale Ocean Pool – Positioned out on the rock platform at the tip of a sandspit and connecting Mona Vale Basin with Mona Vale Beach. There are 2 pools here; a larger pool and a smaller pool suitable for children. On high tide these pools become surrounded like water creating a picture perfect scene.
4. North Narrabeen Rock Pool – North Narrabeen is a famous surf beach and the rock pool is one of the most renowned on the Northern Beaches. Both unique and beautiful, a timber boardwalk separates the lap pool from the larger pool that is 70m in length. The pool sits alongside the lagoon entrance – a popular spot to ‘float’ amongst locals on the incoming tide in the summer months.
5. Freshwater Rock Pool – A beautiful 8 lane 50m olympic size pool that sits on the northern end under the cliff of Freshwater Beach. Protected in summer from the Nor-Easterly winds Freshwater (or ‘Freshie’ as the locals call it) is a popular option for doing your morning laps or, sit on the rocks and enjoy some sun before jumping in!